Custom Lentivirus Services
BPS Bioscience has developed a diverse portfolio of lentivirus products to study COVID-19, cell signaling pathways, CAR T-cell therapy, CRISPR, and immunotherapy. In addition to our product portfolio, we also offer custom services to develop a lentivirus suited for your research needs.
- Reporters (GFP, Luciferase, Dual Reporter)
- Antibiotic selection markers (Puromycin, Hygromycin, G418)
- Integrating or non integrating
- CRISPR lentiviruses
- CRISPR activation lentiviruses
All products are supplied as ready-to-use viral particles. Depending upon the lentivirus, applications include
- Stable cell line generation
- Protein expression
- Transient knock-down of protein in target cells
- Study the mechanism of viral transduction
- Screening for neutralizing antibodies
BPS’s lentiviruses are enveloped viruses that enter cells by membrane fusion. Our lentiviruses have been VSV-G pseudotyped; this means that the virus consists of vector particles bearing glycoproteins derived from other enveloped viruses—in this case, vesicular stomatitis virus GP (VSV-G). VSV-G pseudotyping provides stability and a very broad host range, making these virus particles especially useful to target a wide range of cell types.
- Infect both actively-dividing and non-dividing cells, whereas most viruses can only infect mitotically-active cells
- Infect a wide range of cell stages
- Ideal for transducing primary cells or stem cells, which can be resistant to other transduction methods
- Size of inserted DNA can be up to 10 kb
- Long-term stable expression of a transgene
- Low immunogenicity, low toxicity, and transduction efficiencies can be extremely high (up to 100%)
In conjunction with our custom lentivirus services, we also offer lentivirus generated custom cell line development. These services can also be utilized for custom lentivirus generated knock-out cell lines.
BPS Bioscience is here to advance your research and drug discovery programs. Contact us to learn more and get started.
Integrating vs Non-Integrating Lentiviruses
Integrating Lentiviruses: The integrating lentivirus integrates randomly into the cell’s genome to express both the Cas9 and sgRNA. Puromycin selection increases the knockout efficiency by forcing high expression levels of both Cas9 and the sgRNA, and can be used with the integrating lentivirus to quickly and easily achieve high knockdown efficiencies in a cell pool. Efficiencies also depend on the cell type and the gene of interest.
Non-Integrating Lentiviruses: The non-integrating lentivirus is made with a mutated Integrase, resulting in only transient expression of the Cas9 and LAG3-targeting sgRNA. While this may minimize potential off-targeting risks due to either prolonged expression or integration of the Cas9, puromycin selection should not be used for more than 48 hours post-transduction, which may lower knockout efficiency.
Spike(SARS-CoV-2) Pseudotyped Lentivirus (Luc-eGFP Dual Reporter), #79982 with transduction monitored by eGFP expression and luciferase.
Luciferase activity in Jurkat cells transduced with Firefly Luciferase Lentivirus (G418, Hygromycin and Puromycin), #79692
For more information about our lentivirus services and capabilities, please contact us.